- Saw poet extraordinaire Kate Lebo read at Mary Schile's world-famous pie party
- Am taking a class called Novel Revision from Joni Sensel at Richard Hugo House
- Have two travel articles coming out in the spring issue of "Harbors" Magazine (the new inflight air magazine for Kenmore Air)
- Am teaching a reprise of my popular class "Roughing It: Write a Draft of Your Book in Just Six Weeks" class at Hugo House this spring. It hasn't been formally announced yet but the class will be on Thursday nights starting on April 7.
- Coached a writer on her suspensful entry for the Ninth Annual Speculative Fiction Contest (good luck, Karyn!)
- Have been reading my friend and colleague Waverly Fitzgerald's book "Slow Time" and finding it both intriguing and practical.
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Funtastic February News
Happy February all! Here are a few things that are shaking in my literary world lately: